So I decided to create something similar for my students and daughters to use for summer practice.
It can be tailored in any way for any child.
For my own girls, these are the rules:
- play 5 review songs in a single session
- complete 2 pages of notereading
- complete 2 pages of theory workbook
- do listening assignment
- play current piece 3-5 times in a single session, depending on need
- extra bonus for playing ALL review songs in one week
For item above that is completed, they can either draw a note or treble clef on the staff above. When they read the end, they trade it in for a prize.
My prize box is full of craft projects that I picked up at Dollar Tree.
Since using this game or program, my girls have practiced MUCH more than they normally would. And they are making GREAT progress in their theory workbooks too!