Monday, August 15, 2011

Twinkle in the Shower

If you are looking for a fun way to mix up your practice, consider practicing in different rooms in your house.

For Review:
My girls helped me make a game out of this. On slips of paper, they wrote each of their review songs. On the other side of the paper, they wrote what part of the house the piece was to be played in.
  • Twinkle / in the shower
  • Lightly Row / garage
  • Song of the Wind / front porch
  • Go Tell Aunt Rhody / kitchen

For Repetition:
Just this morning my youngest daughter needed to play her current piece a total of four times. If I had simply said, "Play that again. Play that again. Now one more time....", she would have resisted the repetition.

Instead I said, "You need to pick three more places to play this piece." She happily chose to play the piece in the garage, kitchen and den.

Be creative and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment